Call us on +44 (0)1303 278888
Buckleys is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced individuals.
New products engineer – electro-mechanical products
As part of our drive for continued innovation, we now have a vacancy for a new products engineer. The incumbent will combine product design and project management disciplines to design, develop and validate new electro-mechanical products, ensuring that they meet defined product specification, quality & cost targets and applicable certification standards.
We offer a competitive salary, monthly bonus & 28 days holiday, along with other benefits.
A degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Other qualifications may be considered if accompanied by extensive experience in a closely related activity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical, electronic, mechanical and production engineering disciplines.
- Relevant Industrial & new product Introduction experience in an ISO9000 environment.
- Appropriate capability in 2D & 3D CAD, and MS office products.
- Product lifecycle management experience, including an appreciation of ERP.
- Presentation and reporting skills, appropriate command of written & spoken English.
- Enthusiasm, energy & drive. Potential to grow with the business.
- Entitlement to work in the UK.
- Chartered engineer
- IPMA Level D, PMP, Prince2 or other formal project management qualification
- Capability in foreign languages
- 6-sigma qualification
- Evidence of working towards any of the above.
Product design & development – To carry out engineering tasks with a high degree of precision, and maintain documentary records;
- Develop and propose schemes to meet product requirements.
- Prepare component and assembly 3D models & 2D drawings, bills of material.
- Prepare mechanical engineering calculations including
- tolerance stacks
- strength & stiffness,
- weight estimation and optimisation
- cost estimation and optimisation
- Work in close cooperation with electronic engineering resource.
- Prepare and maintain Product FMEAs.
- Cooperate with production staff to develop products respecting DfA/DfM best practice at competitive cost.
Define, lead and record development and validation testing
- Prepare product test definition having regard for performance specification and DFMEA
- Design and refine test equipment
- Outsource testing as required, supervise subcontractors, ensure timely response
- Supervise testing, record and report results
- Propose countermeasures where necessary to ensure consistent product quality and enhanced product performance
Project manage new product introduction
- Document product definition & project scope.
- Prepare, maintain and monitor NPI timeline, WBS and budget.
- Work closely with entire team to ensure a smooth product launch.
- Visit component, tooling and other suppliers as required.
Roll up sleeves and get on with it
- We are a small business, we are seeking a team player who will take responsibility, show energy & commitment, and deliver on promises.
This position will report directly to the managing director. The incumbent will work closely with sales & marketing, production & operations and QA to ensure the timely & efficient launch of new products.
Our premises, and this role, are based within easy reach of the M20 & HS1 in Folkestone, Kent. Short duration travel in the UK, and potentially abroad, will be required occasionally.
Contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1303 278888